The PST files are one of the most important parts of MS Outlook. Many users want to open the PST files without accessing the MS Outlook platform. But they fail because they don’t know the process.
To help you with the process, we will discuss some effective tips to open the PST files without the MS Outlook application as well as tips to access the PST files through the MS Outlook application. Without further introduction, let’s get started.
What are the PST Files?
MS Outlook applications use PST files or Personal Storage Table files to store the essential data such as contacts, calendar events, and email messages. For instance, the PST files are used through the Microsoft Exchange Client, Microsoft Outlook, and Windows Messaging. The PST file format is also known as a personal folder, an offline folder, or an offline storage table when used as the cache mode in the Exchange folder of MS. The MS Exchange email client which became MS Outlook is designed in such a way that it will allow the users to access different types of mailbox items so that they can generate local archives as per the email folders.
However, the PST files are prone to corruption and unreliable. Even the MS developers say that users should not use the PST files for long-term storage options. The corrupt pst problem is a common issue and you need to use our PST recovery tool to fix the corrupted PST and recover data.
How Can You Open the PST Files?
Many MS Outlook users don’t know the steps to open the PST files. We will discuss both the professional method as well as a manual method to open the PST files.
How Can You Open PST Files in MS Outlook?
You will be able to open the PST files in your MS Outlook system if the MS Outlook application has been installed on the local drive. Here are the easy steps you need to follow.
- Open the MS Outlook application.
- Choose file> Open & Export> Choose Outlook Data Files from the File menu.
- Choose the data file you want to open and then click on the Open option.
- The .pst file will be opened.
If the PST files are inaccessible or corrupted, make sure you use professional PST fixing tools. If there’s no problem associated with the PST files, you won’t have to worry about data loss.
How Can You Open PST Files without MS Outlook?
The PST Emails need to be saved in HTML version and they need to be opened through the web browser. As per W3schools, HTML means Hyper Text Markup Language. If you want to transfer the emails from PST files to someone who doesn’t have an Outlook account, you need to convert the file into a different format so that the receiver can access the file without Outlook.
- Open the MS Outlook application
- Choose the relevant email address.
- Choose the file
- Choose the option Save As
- Choose HTML as the file format
- Save the file
This process won’t be completed if the PST files that you want to transfer are damaged or corrupted. In such cases, repairing the PST files is your only option. There are multiple reasons why you should access the PST files without MS Outlook.
How Can You Open PST Files in Gmail?
While you’re opening the PST files without Outlook, you should open the PST files through Gmail with the help of the Google App Migration tool. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit the Google Workspace Migration from the official website of MS Outlook and then install the software on your computer.
- After that, click on the Continue button and select your Gmail ID.
- Now, click on the option Allow so that you will be able to give your tool access.
- Migrate the MS Outlook profile or the PST files. After that, click on the Next button.
- Choose the data that you want to transfer. After that, choose the option Migrate from the drop-down menu.
- The tool will showcase the proper current state of the screen.
- The migration to Gmail from PST has been completed successfully. After that, click on the OK button.
Make sure you cross-check the preceding procedure by logging in to your Gmail account and determine whether the PST items have been imported properly or not.
How Can You Open the PST Files on Mac without Outlook?
Let’s say you want to open the PST files on your Apple laptop without MS Outlook. Therefore, you have to use the Outlook PST converter for Mac which will save the file in TXT, PDF, HTML, and other types of file formats. This software will help you open the PST files in different types of file formats without suffering from any data loss. However, make you follow the installation wizard properly.
These are the tips to open PST files with or without MS Outlook. What are your thoughts? Make sure you comment below.