WordPress is the most popular CMS (Content management system) currently available on the internet and it continues to grow with every passing day. As per a recent report, WordPress has a market share of 22% when it comes to websites built using CMS. Many developers and businesses are shifting their focus towards creating high-quality WordPress websites and services that can help drive their business in the right direction. This blog post mainly focuses on how you can leverage your existing skills as a front-end developer to create value for other people by offering WordPress development services. If you’re interested in becoming a freelancer, reading this blog will give you insight into how much you need to know about wordpress development service before getting started. Let’s get started.
Why Should You Learn WordPress Development?
WordPress powers roughly 30% of all websites, so if you want to make money as a freelancer you should master the skill of WordPress development. Many companies are building their online presence using WordPress CMS, and they need developers to help them create and maintain their websites by hiring WordPress developers.
WordPress developers are also in high demand right now. According to Upwork, there’s a global shortage of around 100,000 WordPress developers, and that number is expected to increase over the next few years. This means you have plenty of opportunities to find clients if you learn WordPress development since there are not enough developers to go around.
Finding your niche as a Freelancer
Niche or specialism is an important aspect of becoming a successful freelancer. It is not just about the skills you possess, but also the type of work you want to do. You need to find your niche, something that you are interested in doing and is in demand. WordPress is used by individuals and businesses, so you can open up opportunities to work in two very different fields. You can find work by approaching businesses directly or by getting listed on one of the many WordPress job boards.
The best approach is to get your name out there and start networking with various WordPress communities. To find your niche, ask yourself these questions – What are you passionate about? What skills do you have that are in demand? What type of work do you want to do? Once you’ve answered these questions, you’ll have a better idea of what kind of work you can do as a freelancer.
Developing WordPress Websites
WordPress websites are one of the easiest website types to create and deploy online, and as such, they’re very popular with businesses wanting to create an online presence. Here are a few things to keep in mind when developing WordPress websites.
– Get to know the basics of WordPress – Before you can build a WordPress website, you need to get familiar with the WordPress CMS. It has a steep learning curve but it is well worth the effort, especially if you want to become a freelance WordPress developer.
– Choose the right WordPress hosting company – The hosting company will be responsible for storing your files on their servers. The best WordPress hosting depends on your needs, but it’s a good idea to get recommendations from others who are also building WordPress websites. You can also check out reviews and ratings on third-party websites to learn more about the best WordPress hosting options.
– Choosing the right WordPress theme – The theme is the design of your website and it plays an important role in how your website performs. You can either hire a designer to create a custom theme for you or you can use a pre-made template from a website like ThemeForest and customise it to meet your needs.
– Writing great content for your website – The content you publish on your website is the backbone of your business. If it’s not up to par, your potential customers will leave your website and search for solutions elsewhere. Hire a writer to create compelling content for your website, or learn how to write compelling content yourself.
WordPress for Content Management
The content management functionality of WordPress is what makes it such a flexible and powerful CMS. If you want to become a freelance WordPress developer, you’ll need to get familiar with the various content management features. Here are a few things to keep in mind while working with the content management functionality of WordPress.
– Posts – Posts are used to publish written content on your website and they’re one of the most basic features of WordPress. You can also use posts to create and manage your podcast, video recordings, and images.
– Pages – Pages are static web pages, meaning they don’t change over time. They’re useful for publishing information that doesn’t change often, like your company’s address and contact information.
– Categories – Categories are useful if you want to publish many posts at once. You can assign posts to multiple categories so that they show up in multiple sections on your website.
– Tags – Tags are like keywords for your posts. You can add as many tags to a single post as you want. You can also create your custom tags to make it easier to find posts in the future.
WordPress is a powerful CMS that you can use to build websites and blogs. If you’re looking to enter the freelancing world and want to specialise in WordPress development, this guide will get you started. You can find work by approaching businesses directly or by getting listed on one of the many WordPress job boards. WordPress has a steep learning curve, but it’s well worth the effort. Get your name out there and network with various WordPress communities and you’ll find work in no time.