The beautiful island nation in the Caribbean Sea, Dominica, is famous not only for its amazing climate and natural conditions but also for its strong passport, which many foreigners strive to obtain. Becoming a citizen of Dominica is not that difficult. Simple requirements and fast processing of the application contribute to this.
An important advantage of Dominica is the legality of dual citizenship: https://immigrantinvest.com/citizenship-dominica-en/. Foreigners who wish to get a Dominica passport may retain the citizenship of their home country. There are no penalties for dual citizenship in Dominica.
What are the benefits of Dominica nationality?
- Dominica has one of the strongest passports in the Caribbean. Citizens of this state can travel to almost 145 countries of the world under a visa-free regime. The Schengen area, the UK, and China are included in this list. It is impossible to go to the USA without a visa, but citizens of Dominica can get a long-term tourist visa, which is valid for 10 years.
- Citizenship of Dominica is transferred to the applicant’s children. Thus, they will be able to study and work in this country too.
- The Citizenship by Investment Program does not have a mandatory residency requirement in Dominica to participate. It is also not necessary to come to the country to apply.
- Foreign investors who participate in the CBI program may include their family members in the application. If the application is approved, they will also receive a Dominica passport.
- Like many other island nations in the Caribbean, Dominica has a simple tax regime that will save most of the capital of foreigners due to the absence of taxes on property, inheritance, etc.
How to get a dual passport in Dominica?
According to expert Svetlana Gorchakova from the Immigrant Invest agency, a foreigner has 3 ways to obtain Dominica citizenship:
- Invest a certain amount in a public fund or real estate in Dominica.
- Marry a citizen of Dominica.
- Live in the country for a long time.
Dual citizenship in Dominica by investment
The way to obtain economic citizenship of Dominica involves investment by a foreigner in the development of the real estate sector or in a state fund.
In the first case, the foreigner must invest in a real estate project approved by the government. The minimum investment amount is $200,000.
In the second option, a foreigner makes a donation to the Dominica Economic Diversification Fund in the amount of $100,000 or more.
If an investor wishes to obtain citizenship for their family members, the amount of investment in both options will increase by several tens of thousands of US dollars. In addition, the foreigner is obliged to pay all necessary fees for processing the application and verifying the applicants.
In addition to the main applicant, the applicant’s spouse, children under 30 years old, parents, grandparents, and brother and sister up to 25 years old can take part in the citizenship by investment program. The investor must be over 18 years of age, have no criminal record, and document the legal source of the funds to be used for the investment.
Dominican republic dual citizenship is one of the many advantages of the citizenship of this state. In addition, the amount of investment required to get a Dominica passport is considered one of the smallest compared to CBI programs elsewhere in the world. It is not necessary to live in Dominica after obtaining citizenship, but the conditions for living and doing business in this country are very good due to the peculiarities of the tax regime and natural conditions.