Whether you are charged with running a website which represents a large corporate client or a smaller business’s online shop, the key to maintaining your business’s website is to always strive to improve the user-friendly element and ultimately to drive sales forward through your online presence.
1. Keep An Eye On Your SEO Score
Discovering your SEO score for your company’s website is one of the most effective ways to increase the number of new potential customers discovering your business online. SEO, which stands for search engine optimization is one of, if not the most effective and popular digital marketing strategies, and continuously grows in prominence and influence. To ensure your SEO score is accurate and up to date, it would be incredibly pertinent to consult with a professional and experienced SEO score provider such as YEAHlocal who can generate your SEO score in under a minute.
2. Create A Buyer Persona
A buyer persona is essentially a fabricated, generalized description of the ideal customer for your business’s official website.
There are companies who will accurately create a buyer persona for a fee, but the framework to create one for yourself is relatively simple. The primary objective of buyer personas is to assist business owners to thoroughly understand their customer’s specific needs and concerns.
The basic steps to creating one for yourself are:
- Carry out a thorough study of your existing customers
- Separate different personas for different groups by checking existing data, talk on a one-to-one basis with members of your team, engage actively in customer feedback, and compile all this information into customer segments.
- Identify your customer’s challenges and pain points
- Understand how you can help your customers
- Compile as much demographic information as possible and share this information with your team so that everyone can benefit from the research.
3. Ensure Proper Grammar and Punctuation
However surprising this may sound, recent studies have shown that potential and existing customers alike are generally put off by misspelled words and incorrect usage of grammar and punctuation. Such small details, which are easy to avoid and correct, must be eradicated if you want to improve the overall usability and professional feel of your website. Fundamentally, typos will discredit your website and subsequently your business as a whole.
4. Ensure Your Website Is Mobile-Friendly
Numerous studies have conclusively proven that around ninety-six percent of internet users use their mobile phone when searching for products and services, therefore it is advisable that you ensure your website is mobile-friendly.
The advantages of ensuring your website are mobile-friendly include, but are by no means limited to:
- Google gives preference to mobile-friendly company websites
- The number of smartphone users is constantly on the rise as they become more affordable
- Significantly improved usability
- A lower bounce rate (essentially this means that the attention of the user is held)
- Clearer brand identity visibility
- Far quicker loading speeds
- Compatible with all operating systems and platforms, unlike apps.