GATE, or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, is an exam that evaluates the aspirants based on their graduation level knowledge in Engineering and Science. Students who aspire to work in PSU’s or get a junior research fellowship may apply for the competitive exam. The scores of the GATE entrance exam also help aspirants secure jobs with high-paying packages.
PSU’S that Recruit Through GATE Scores
PSU’s or Public Sector Undertakings are government-owned organizations. Candidates recruited by the PSU’s has the same value as Gazetted Officers. They also receive a high package. Listed below are some of the PSU’s that recruit through GATE scores:
- IOCL: Indian Oil Corporation Limited is India’s national oil company. IOCL puts a lot of weight on the GATE scores and other requirements. Candidates must clear the GATE exam in Chemical Engineering, CE, Electrical Engineering, ME, and IN with high marks to secure a job in this organization.
- NTPC: National Thermal Power Corporation is an Indian Statutory Corporation. The company falls under the Ministry of Power, Government of India. This organization also puts heavy weightage on GATE scores. Therefore, students need to score high marks in the GATE exam in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics Engineering to get jobs in this organization.
- DRDO: Defense Research and Development Organization under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India, develops defense technologies for the assistance of the Indian Armed forces. This organization emphasizes the GATE scores in EC, CE, and ME and the other recruitment process requirements.
- GAIL: Gas Authority of India Limited is India’s natural gas company. It is the largest natural gas refining company. GAIL focuses on GATE scores in Chemical and Instrumentation Engineering to recruit aspirants in the organization.
- SAIL: Steel Authority of India Limited is India’s leading steel production company. It has subsidiaries in Rourkela Steel Plant. The organization has recently started considering GATE scores in Mechanical, Metallurgy, Electrical, Chemical, Instrumentation, and Mining Engineering.
- POSOCO: Power System Operation Corporation Limited under the Ministry of Power, Government of India. It controls the Indian Power System. POSOCO considers GATE scores in Electrical Engineering while recruiting candidates.
- HPCL: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited is a subsidiary of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. HPCL prefers GATE scores while recruiting candidates.
- PGCIL: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited is responsible for transmitting power across India. It is under the Ministry of Power, Government of India. GATE scores are a requirement in the recruitment process of the organization. Therefore, aspirants must score high marks in GATE to get jobs in PGCIL.
- ONGC: Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited is a government-based organization. It operates under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India. ONGC also requires a valid GATE score in ME, CE, ECE, CS, IT, and EE during the candidate’s recruitment process.
- NPCIL: The Nuclear Power Corporation Limited is a government organization that distributes nuclear power for electricity. The organization requires a valid GATE score in Mechanical, Chemical Electrical, Electronics and Communications, Industrial and Fire Safety Engineering.
- BMRCL: Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited is an organization dealing with railways. GATE scores in CE are also a requirement while applying for the job.
These are some of the many companies that recruit candidates based on the GATE scores. GATE is especially beneficial for recruitment in PSUs. Other companies recruiting based on GATE scores are MDSL, DDA, BHEL, MDSL, NHAI, ECIL, THDC, HPU, NALCO, HAL, WBSEDCL, Midhani, NBCC, RITES, CEL, and many others. The recruitment process considers the GATE scores, followed by a personal interview and group discussion—nonetheless, some PSUs conduct their exams. Therefore, candidates applying to PSUs must know the organization’s requirements.
Highest Packages Offered Through GATE Scores
GATE scores offer a lot of marvelous achievements to the candidates. Moreover, securing high marks in GATE makes it easier for the aspirants to get high-paying jobs in government offices. However, there is no fixed rule about how much an aspirant can get in a PSU. Every organization has its specific rules and regulations. While some of the packages in PSU’S range from Rs. 7.5 LPA to 12 LPA, the highest packages range from 8 LPA to 14 LPA. Some of the companies that provide high-paying salaries are PGCIL, NTPC, ONGC, etc.
Guidance is necessary for clearing GATE. BYJU’S Exam Prep gives all the advice and study material to clear GATE. In addition, GATE scores provide a plethora of opportunities in the form of high-paying PSU jobs.